Friday, January 15, 2016

An open letter to my Momma.

This might make you cry, momma. Just forewarning you.

Dear Momma,
          I don't even know where to begin. You've been there from minute one to now. You've been my rock for nineteen years. I thank you so much.
Thank you for holding me when I cried about how I fell on the playground and hurt my knee.
Thank you for watching Ariel and Sleeping Beauty more than a normal woman should.
Thank you for reading Moo Baa La La la so many times that I could recite it myself.
Thank you for holding me when I cried about loosing that softball tournament.
Thank you for holding me when I cried about a boy who didn't love me.
Thank you for playing Barbies with me.
Thank you for being my rock.
         
You are a beautiful person and a beautiful soul. I'm so thankful that God blessed me with being your daughter. You've done everything that you've could to provide a better life for Morgan and I. And I can't repay you enough.
You've had a hard road as my mom. You gave birth to a sassy, stubborn, classy, smart, pretty daughter. Twice.
On top of having two of the sassiest and most stubborn children I've ever known, you did it on your own. Yes, dad helped you financially and when he was home, but you were on your own.
Then you and dad divorced. You were really on your own then. Your sassy children turned into sassier teenagers.
But through all of this, you've raised the best two young women I know.
I'm proud of you.

You've faced so much hardship in the last twenty years, most women would break under the pressure. I know I probably would have. Thank you for being the strongest woman I know.
I love you so much.
"She is clothed in strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed... Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Proverbs 31:25-29
You are blessed Momma, and I thing Morgan will agree with me. I love you.
Love,
Your Daughter.

PS.... If anyone disagrees, then you clearly need to change your attitude. Especially if she's done nothing wrong to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment