Tuesday, April 19, 2016

To my Medically-trained parents,

Mom, Dad,
Thank you.
No, you weren't actual doctors or nurses, just a couple who knew a thing or two about medicine and small treatments. Thank you both. I say thank you, because growing up, my doctors/ health care providers knew what was wrong with me because you two were able to translate my 7 year old self's "tummy ache" into food poisoning, the flu, etc.
Thank you for knowing when a bone was broken or sprained and knowing when we had to go to the emergency room or not. Thank you for knowing how to set my sprained ankles and jarred fingers.
And mostly, thank you for knowing that, no matter how awkward of a situation I might be in, you've seen worse on the ambulances or at crash scenes. Thank you for being able to switch off the "parent" function and switching on the "medical" function.
Thank you both for your amazing stories that got me interested in medicine today.
And to my parent's medically trained SO- thank you as well. You've not been in my life that long, but I know that if I can't get ahold of one of my parents, I can call you. You are greatly appreciated.
I love you all.
Love,
Your clumsy child.

No comments:

Post a Comment